Sunday, February 17, 2008

One of My Favorites

I admit it. I'm a chocoholic. For this, I blame my Mom. She is a chocoholic too.

I love Easter candy. I even forgo my usual "wait until it's the actual season" mantra when it comes to Easter candy. In fact, Stein bought this egg for me before Valentine's Day. He knows me too well. Even though Reese's makes similar candies for other holidays, their Easter eggs are my favorites.

I think it all goes back to Easter mornings when I was little. Since Easter isn't an occassion for gift giving, my parents made up for it in candy. Malted milk balls and M&M's coated with pastel candy shells, jelly beans, and Reese's eggs. Before breakfast we would search for our baskets and the hard boiled colored eggs that the Easter bunny had hidden.

Then we would tear into the candy. It was like the scene from Willy Wonka where they first go into the factory and see the magical, candy filled room. We would gorge ourselves on candy, forgetting about the inevitable sugar high and low that was going to follow. After that, breakfast was pretty much out of the question.

Easter is about a month away. Until then, I will be practicing for that morning with a Reese's egg every now and then. Everything in moderation, right?

1 comment:

Dig said...

See, yet another product I need to import. Reese's, in any fashion!