Monday, February 25, 2008

I Can't Believe We Forgot

We didn't watch the Academy Awards last night. I can't believe it. It wasn't like it was intentional, or a silent protest against something. I love the Academy Awards. I love the glitz and glamour of it, I love the tradition of it all.

Mickey even asked if we were going to watch them when we talked earlier in the evening. "Sure," I said. "We'll probably have them on. But I don't know how long I'll be able to last." It wasn't a matter of lasting. We just forgot. I blame this:


These are the (remaining) enchiladas that Stein made for dinner. I posted this recipe before, but it's worth posting it again. Yum.

So after partaking in this wonderful meal, I was in a food coma. I didn't care what was on TV, in fact I didn't care that the TV was on at all. Stein didn't either. We both woke up on the couch at about 10:00 and went to bed.

This morning, as I was watching the Today show, they did a recap of the winners. I realized we missed it. I couldn't believe it.

No comments: