Friday, February 1, 2008

Caught on Film!

Remember the falcon I wrote about a couple weeks ago? Well, it visited us once again.

Unfortunately, it is well camouflaged on our brown fence in this picture, and I took the picture from inside the house. But if you click on the picture, a much larger one will pop up and you can really see him (or her?). If you look at the fence, starting from the right and move left, you will see it sitting on the top. Also, you can see the scared squirrel on top of the neighbor's garage. Heh, heh. (I hate squirrels.)

Yeah, yeah, I know you may think I'm trying to flub a picture of a pigeon into a picture of a falcon. But we don't have pigeons in Ann Arbor (which I love). I'm keeping a lookout for him again. Maybe next time I'll get a picture outside.

3 comments:

Colin Roust said...

Hey Kelly,

Actually, I think that's a Cooper's hawk (based on the size, mottled wing feathers and the width of the stripes on the tail). The great thing about that, is that you won't have any rodent problems for awhile!

I love the squirrel on the garage--great shot!

amy7252 said...

I'm sorry that my Eagle-Scout husband is such a stickler for details that he can't help but correct you ... (he is now whining that he thought you would think the corrected information was interesting).

Falcon sounds cooler, I think!

Kelly said...

You guys crack me up! I love it! And I love that we may be rodent-free for a while. Knock on wood -we've been rodent free ever since we moved in. (BTW, Thanks for the info. Colin!)

Although I do have to agree, Amy, falcon does sound cooler!