Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Birthday Boy

It's Stein's birthday today. Happy Birthday Stein!

I'm still trying to get a picture uploaded, but I've given up for the moment. In the meantime, I'll gush a little about the boy.

Stein and I met almost 10 years ago in Chicago. (Wow, has it really been that long?) We had mutual friends and went out to watch a Bulls playoff game with the whole group. After several failed attempts to get together following that night, we finally went out. From day one it has been such a fun ride. One of our favorite wishes of all our wedding "autographs" (we had people sign a picture mat instead of a wedding book) is "Happy Days, Darlings!". It couldn't be more appropriate. I have experienced so many happy moments in the time I've known Stein. Big things like our wedding or the times we were lucky to go to Hawaii. Or little things like discovering a hidden gem of a restaurant or watching a favorite TV show together. Whatever, wherever, I'm so glad that he's by my side to share in it.

Stein was almost born on Valentine's Day, and it would've been so appropriate if he had. He is such a generous, caring person. I told his Mom once that he makes me a better person. It's so true. He is willing to help out anyone who asks. From helping friends with house projects, to watching nieces and nephews at a moments notice, he's there. He seeks out opportunities to help people too. About a month ago when we had a big snow here, he shoveled our walk and driveway and then walked 4 blocks over to our brother and sister-n-law's house to see if anyone needed help over there. (And he does love shoveling, by the way. No joke.)

So here's to you, Stein. I hope you have a wonderful day today. May the year ahead be filled with all good things, especially laughter and love.

1 comment:

Dig said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Stein!!! Hope it was a good one!