Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sorry

Thanks to those of you who were concerned about me and my statement of "getting disappointing news" on Sunday. I didn't mean to be vague about it, I was just searching for a reason why I was feeling so melancholy. You all know me, and I'm typically not like that. So when this happens, I try to find an answer.

The disappointing news was that I didn't get a job that I interviewed for last week. It was a job that I felt very qualified for, unlike some of the others that I felt under qualified for and had to flub my way through the interview. I felt relaxed during the interview, and was confident that I would be the one they wanted for the job. But in the end I wasn't who they wanted, so now I am Marion the Librarian.

I also found out today that I won't be team-teaching with my friend Mandi after all. The principal said that she can't have 2 subs in the position, so after this week, I will be flying solo. Despite the overwhelming amount of work to be done and kept up with, I am going to give it the old college try and see if I can handle it. If it becomes something I can't handle, well, there's always regular subbing. Again, not my ideal, but it's a job.

I am feeling surprisingly calm about the whole thing. I don't know if this is the calm before the storm, or if I am just accepting it all. Either way, you don't have to be concerned about me. But I appreciate your concern, I really do.

3 comments:

Dig said...

Remember how stormy it was last year with the class? And you handled that with grace and style. You will do the same as Marion. I think I'm not alone is saying we are all rooting for you, Kel.

XOXO

amy7252 said...

Bummer on the job -- boy, have I been there. It sucks when you know you would have done awesome in a job that you didn't end up getting. Hang in there. Better things are on the horizon. And in the meantime, libraries are cool!

ckweirath said...

Karen is right. We are all rooting for you, Kelly. I don't think any of us have any doubt that you are going to be great - either as the librarian, the sub, or the permanent teacher. You will figure out to do it in your own style.