Monday, September 8, 2008

The Last Drops

Yesterday I tried to squeeze the last drops of summer, since I can feel fall closing in on me.

It was a funky weather day - rain early in the morning, sunny skies mid-morning, sprinkles in the afternoon, and blue skies and sun in the afternoon. In between all of this, I watered the flowers (and what little herbs and tomatoes there are still hanging on to their stems), straightened up a little outside, and tested out the hammock.
In the busyness of our summer, I didn't use the hammock at all. Not once. The hammock is one of the places that I love to nap in the summer. A cool breeze underneath you, the sun on your face, a little rocking motion to lull you to sleep.
So yesterday, in an effort to check off one more summer thing, I stopped and enjoyed the hammock. I hope that there will be more warm days this fall to enjoy it some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty toes!