Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Three's Not a Charm

If you look back to my posts from January 30th and February 27th, you notice a theme. I can add today to that theme. I'm sick again.

It started on Sunday when my nose started running and I was sneezing. I attributed it to the dogs at Marty and Nancy's where we celebrated Easter. Yesterday at school I was really short-tempered and also achy and sneezy. Last night I went to bed at 8:00. I was pooped. Today I felt short-tempered again, and it didn't help that we went on a field trip. Kids love field trips. In fact, the word field trip alone sends most of them into a tizzy.

I'm not surprised I'm sick once again. With this weather we've had lately, there's been thawing and freezing, kids sneezing and wheezing. I haven't taken the best care of myself either. I haven't been working out, I haven't been eating right. I know what I need to do, but at this point in the teaching game, all that stuff, as important as it is, falls to the wayside.

I am so looking forward to spring break in a week and 1/2 (but who's counting?!). I will be in Arizona visiting my Mom and Rich, living the life of a retired person. The sun, the warmth, the pool, the dry desert. I can't wait.

1 comment:

ckweirath said...

Poor Kelly! You need to take some Airborne. That and wrap a hot towel around your head. :)