Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thanks So Much

Aw, shucks. I'm feeling verklempt at all the warm comments and words of encouragement from so many wonderful people yesterday. Thanks for your support, and for letting me vent here. I normally try to keep things in a positive light, but this has been so different for me. While most things are good, there are some aspects that really affect me, really get into my head and heart.

Today was much better. Much better in the sense that I never felt like walking out of the room, and connected with some kids on different levels. My kid with the big heart continued to give me thanks for things I gave them today, and offered smiles when I needed them. The Iditarod continues to amaze the class, so it has been a fun thing to talk about and follow. They are really curious about all aspects of the race, and it feeds in so nicely with Woodsong, the Gary Paulsen book we're reading. (Now that I've said that, I hope that I don't get another canned comment from the anti-Iditarod/sled dog police like I did the other day.)

I got word from Laura that the teacher on leave may come into school next Tuesday to say his goodbyes. While it's really important for the kids to experience closure with him, I can't help but think this may reopen Pandora's Box. I'm afraid that it may lead to another Monday. I really can't handle that if it does happen.

I just have to take it day by day. And tomorrow's Friday. I can take it for sure.

No comments: