Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Bountiful Basket

Look what the Easter Bunny left for me. I was getting a little nervous, because Stein kept threatening to tell the Easter Bunny, "No candy". What? On Easter morning? When I look forward to being on a sugar high from about 8:00 am until lunchtime? When the good people at Reese's make some of the best peanut butter and chocolate confections? Say it isn't so. Tell me it's a joke. It was. Bless that bunny.

Stein's basket wasn't downstairs where it usually is. Thankfully, the Easter Bunny left a note:

Every Easter I can't help but remember a trip we took to Washington, DC over Easter break. I was 4 years old, and was so excited that the Easter Bunny found us in our hotel room there. Here's a classic picture from Easter morning then (sorry for the poor quality - it's a picture of a picture). I obviously couldn't wait to get to the candy, couldn't stop to run a comb through my hair.Later that day, we left our chocolate candy on the back ledge of the station wagon. The warm sun melted it all into one gooey mess. I think we just let it form back into solid and ate it all mixed together.

Happy Easter to you! May your day be filled with sugary goodness.


2 comments:

ckweirath said...

Are you wearing footie pajamas in that photo?!?

Glad the Easter Bunny found you. I think I might have been especially bad b/c I got nada. Either that or he hid it really well and it is going to start to smell in a few days. Ugh.

Dig said...

Love the photo of you! So damn cute ALWAYS!

The Bunny found us at the in-laws. I feel sick from the amount of Cadbury's I've been eating.