Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day Before Opening Day

I'm in Chicago this weekend for Cubs Opening Day tomorrow. I drove in yesterday and hung out with Chris. We went to her brother's birthday dinner last night. It was nice to see some of her siblings whom I haven't seen a while. The night ended abruptly when her nephew got sick in the midst of a coughing attack. He started crying, especially when he saw the cake he ate for dessert the second time. "I don't want anymore cake," he said. Chris and I are still laughing about that today.

This morning we lazily got up and walked to The Rail for breakfast. Right now basketball is on the TV, The Chicago Tribune is spread around the couch, and Easter candy surrounds us. Life is good. We're supposed to see some Linda and her daughter Sarah this afternoon, and possibly see some other friends for dinner this evening.

It's been so good to be here and catch up with Chris. It's also good knowing I don't have to work tomorrow. I'll be sure to post about Opening Day some time in the next few days. Chris and I will be at Yaksie's, our old stomping grounds, at 6:00 am tomorrow morning prior to heading over to the game. This has been our tradition for the past 10 years. (Happy 10th Anniversary!) The forecast is calling for temps in the 50's but a 80% chance of rain. Darn.

Go Cubs!

1 comment:

Dig said...

I am beyond jealous and wish I could be there with you both. GO CUBS!