Tuesday, December 18, 2007

100 Posts and Chicken Pot Pie

Whenever I log on to do a post, it tells me how many posts I have done. The last post was 99, so this post is 100. Happy 100 posts, or whatever you say! I honestly didn't know how this whole blogging thing would work with me, but I have to say, so far so good. It's been nice to have a place to tell you what's happening in our world, and also to read about other friends' worlds.

Tonight we had Stein's parents over for dinner and we made a chicken pot pie. I made it for Stein before and thought it would be a good thing to make tonight. Talk about comfort food. Here's the recipe if you want to make it too. (Oh, and don't worry about the the prep time, we cut this down by just using store-bought pie crust. I can hardly tell a difference.)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_5251,00.html

We couldn't think of what to have with it, since pot pies really have a whole meal in them - starch, meat, vegetables. So, we decided on a salad. I went with the comfort food theme and saw this recipe for Roquefort, bacon and dried cherries salad. It was delicious! Again, we did some shortcuts: we used bagged lettuce and also just used blue cheese instead of Roquefort.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/105970

Tomorrow I will be subbing for Linda. I'm excited to see all the kids again, and I hope they are excited to see me too. I have so much of a different feeling going in tomorrow than I had during student teaching. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'll only be there one day. I wonder if they're going to be a little crazy with the start of vacation only 2 days away? Yeah, I bet they will be.

Only one day. I can do it.

1 comment:

Dig said...

I think it's a good day for arts and crafts in the class room. Lots of glue, lots of glitter, lots of snowflake making!! Have fun!