Tuesday, August 14, 2007

That Chris


Last night when we got home from Matt and Anne's cottage (more about that in another post), we had a card sticking out of the mailbox. It had a big orange flower on it, and it said that I had received a package from "Cookies by Design". Since we weren't home, it said that the package was dropped off with our neighbors across the street. I asked Stein what he thought it might be. "Maybe for someone who just finished classes today?" he said smugly. Hmmm, I thought. But who sent it?

As we finished unpacking our cars, I heard our neighbor Jim announcing himself as he approached us in the dark. He said something about a package and how they looked so good. When I turned around, I saw a big bouquet of cookie flowers under cellophane. How fun! How thoughtful! Stein asked if he could read the card. It was a sweet, thoughtful message from Chris that said congrats for finishing classes. After I took this picture, we had to try one. We split the yellow one on the right. Oh mama. It was so good. I am doing everything in my power to ration them. Having one for breakfast was too tempting. And having one after I post this is again too tempting. Maybe I'll freeze them? Nah.

1 comment:

amy7252 said...

I swear, I gain weight just reading your blog!!