Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cheers to 5 Years!


I can't believe that it was 5 years ago today that Stein and I were at Salvatore's in Chicago, exchanging vows in front of our family and friends. What a fun night that was.
By the way, the picture above is not from our wedding (I wore a white dress, not black), it's actually from our friends Sarah and Scott's wedding in May (photo courtesy of Chris).

I thought about all the events that have happened since we were married. Milestones like starting new careers, buying a house and welcoming new nieces into our families have all occurred. Great trips have been taken like Hawaii for our honeymoon in Nov. of 2002, and then again in 2006, Spain in 2004, and trips to Phoenix and Naples to see our moms.

My mom said it best at the breakfast the day after our wedding. She said in our family, there are three F's that we live by (don't get any ideas...). Family, food, and fun. I think that the past 5 years can be summed up the same way for Stein and me. We are lucky to have a lot of family (we're both 1 of 5 kids) close to us geographically or in our hearts. We enjoy having people over to share food, going out to eat great food with family and friends, and cherishing the company of family and friends at their houses for meals. And fun? Well, I think we have it down. If we can't make each other laugh or crack up at ourselves, then I think, what's the point? It's humor and happiness that keeps you young and positive. Without that, again, what's the point?
So here's to you, Stein. Cheers to many more years of family, food and fun. I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

Dig said...

Trip to France, 2008.... ;)