Monday, January 21, 2008

Three Voices Heard

In the past week I have received calls from three of my good friends (in addition to my Einstein's friends). I had been corresponding with each one of them via email, and each one of them decided to give me a call. I'm so glad they did.

There's something to be said about hearing someone's voice rather than reading their writing. You can hear the expression, smiles, and sincerity in their voice. You can quickly move back and forth between subjects, getting instant feedback. You instantly fall into the rhythm of their words, whether it be to join them or to listen. If you can't be with the person, this is the next best thing.

Karen, who is in France, or Sara who is in DC, or Sophie who is in California, are all obviously too far to chat in person. But I was glad this week to have the next best thing. I was so happy they called. It was so good to hear their voices and everything else that goes along with a phone call.

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

If you have a microphone on your computer, download Skype. You can call your friend in France for free if you both sign up for accounts. That's how Colin and I kept in touch with my parents while we lived in Paris, and it worked great.

Dig said...

It's cause we love you Kelly!!!!!

And yes, we should look into Skype!

Unknown said...

YES--how do I get Skype?
Kelly, I told Shane after we talked on Sunday, "God it felt good, like going to church." I know that is a weird connection to make, but in my mind, they are similar, they are about CONNECTING.
Love you! Soph