Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It Figures

During the time I was student teaching, I never got sick. Well, there was a little stint at the beginning, but not anything to keep me home. And now, when I'm subbing and making money? I'm sick.

Monday I subbed in Linda's class, and yesterday I subbed in Matt's room. It was nice to be back in a school where everything was familiar, including the kids. Matt started coming down with a cold on Monday. He asked if I would sub for him the following day so he could stay home. I agreed and thought, I'm so lucky to be well. I hate being sick.

I should've known. We had five kids absent from our class on Monday. Everything from sore throats to stomach bugs, there were a lot of kids out. Linda told me that on Monday the school was at 23%. Oh yeah, there's a lot of stuff going around.

Mine started Monday night. You know, when your nose runs so much you don't know where it's all coming from? Then on Tuesday, I started getting the achy, hot one minute, cold the next feeling in my body. My eyes felt hot and my nose continued to run. I was like one of those kids on the Kleenex commercials with the red nose.

Luckily last night Stein suggested Sudafed which successfully dried me up. I was finally able to sleep for a few hours too. Today I'm still sneezing and blowing my nose, but not as bad as yesterday. I'm hoping that this is short-lived and I can sub tomorrow. I have a 1/2 day scheduled, so I think it will be okay.

Today it's all of 6 degrees outside, so I plan on taking advantage of inside time. Napping and TV watching, just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

Dig said...

chicken soup too!! Baby yourself and feel better soon!