Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Commercials Didn't Prepare Me

Stein and I saw 2 movies this week, and each one of them made me cry. Only I didn't expect to cry at either of them.

The first one was Juno, a great movie that I highly recommend. You may know the storyline already, but if you don't, it's about a 16 year-old girl who gets pregnant and the decisions she must make in her situation. The commercials all showed the funny scenes from the movie, which the movie mostly contained, but not any of the touching ones. Those were the ones were I cried. A couple times.

Today we saw The Bucket List, which is a movie with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Again, a great movie about 2 men who have cancer and have received their "death dates". In this time they want to do things on their Bucket List which are things that they want to do before they kick the bucket. And again, all the commercials only show the funny scenes, not any of the touching scenes. At one point in the movie, I was bawling.

Thank you commercials, for the preparation. Next time I'll know to bring gobs of Kleenex, even if the commercials show only funny scenes. Even if it's a Disney cartoon.

No comments: