Sunday, March 1, 2009

Up North in Pictures

We're back. We had a great time up north. It was great to see everything blanketed in snow,
since the only other times we're up there is in the summer and fall.

We had such a fun, relaxing time that I don't want the break to end. I have that Sunday afternoon/night feeling, but I keep reminding myself that I only have 4 days of school this week until I go to Sundance. Makes me feel a lot better.

Here are some of the many pictures that I took. I felt like Danica's experience with cold and snow for the first time should be well documented. I'll spare you the complete tour and share only the highlights:

Sledding at a nearby hill:
Making snow angels whenever the urge struck:Ice skating:Snow past our knees:The state park with no one else in sight:
Stein showing Danica how birch trees were used to make canoes (the lake is straight out in the distance):
Walking on the ice in the bay:
Before embarking on our rafting trip:
Trees on the river: A great day for a river ride:A hike through the woods before hitting the water park:

2 comments:

ckweirath said...

Great pictures! I'm glad Danica was able to experience all the snow. I bet she appreciates the warm weather now. By the way, when did she get to be as tall as you?!?

I hope the rafting was better than when you, Ellen & I went together. :)

Dig said...

YOU WENT RAFTING?!?! I bow down....Looks like a great weekend all around! Hope Danica still likes snow!