Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lobster Bisque

If you live in Ann Arbor, you know about Le Dog. If you don't live here, you're missing out.

Le Dog is a hot dog stand housed in a red shack-like building pretty close to U-M. It's pretty unassuming, even a little scary looking. You would never know from its appearance that you could get a hot steaming bowl of made-from-scratch soup along with a hot dog. The owner of the place has been called the soup Nazi, as it's a no-frills place. The second location is run by his wife, and the place is better in appearance and the service is more friendly.

If you want to go to Le Dog, be sure to go on a Thursday or Friday. Those are the days that the lobster bisque is available. But don't get there near closing time - they'll probably be out of the bisque by then.

This lobster bisque is amazing. So good that I often think that it's laced with some sort of addicting drug. When I worked from home or when I worked at U-M, it was convenient for me to get there on a Thursday or Friday for my fix. Now, anytime I'm off on a Thursday or Friday, I'm there. Last Thursday while Danica was here, I introduced her to lobster by way of the bisque. She loved it. How could she not?

1 comment:

amy7252 said...

How did I not know that you could get that at Le Dog? Man, I never went there because I got my hot dogs at the vendor at the corner of North U and State.