Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The In-Between

I'm starting to get impatient. It's that in-between time of the seasons that I hate. I think waiting for spring to come is the most brutal wait of any season.

I'm tired of my clothes. Heavy sweaters and jackets, scarves, and gloves. I'm done with them. Those days of warmer weather we had last week were a tease. I didn't have to wear a coat, I had the windows down in the car, and I could actually hear the birds chirping.

There are signs that spring is coming: the crocuses and daffodils have poked up from the dirt in the courtyard at school. Dairy Queen is open. It is staying lighter outside later at night. The first sight of a robin. Yet all these signs also seem to be a tease. I want warm weather for many days in a row. Starting tomorrow.

Demanding, I know, but I'm ready. Ready and waiting.

No comments: