Monday, February 23, 2009

Up North

Nothing like having your 13 year-old niece up (from NC) who has never been to Michigan or in the cold and snow to inspire you to do all things outside.

In the winter.

Y'all know I don't like to be cold. And that I'm about to pack my blankie (if I had one) and move to places south of here. But send a niece my way who wants to experience all this cold and snow and stuff, and suddenly I'm into it.

Into it as in sledding and ice skating and hiking and rafting. In the cold. In the snow. In the cold.

Thankfully, it's been really sunny, where it's actually warm when hiking or sledding, and nice to look at when skating or rafting. We've been having a great time, experiencing this all with her. I have to keep reminding myself to take pictures of all the stuff that she experiences for the first time. Things we northerners take for granted, like snow plowed into a huge pile, frozen lakes, skating outside, or sinking into snow up to your thighs. I will post all the pictures later this week (probably when she goes back home). In the meantime, we'll be doing some more winter stuff. Tomorrow we're off for some tubing, and then a trip to the waterpark (indoor, of course) to change things up.

Thank goodness for hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Dig said...

FIND SOME DOG SLEDS!!!!!!