Sunday, February 8, 2009

Promotional Videos

When it comes to promotional videos, I'm a sucker. I remember when I worked for Einstein's, we did a new menu roll-out and had all of the general managers come to the corporate headquarters. They came in groups every 2 days for about 6 weeks total. I had to be out there for 2 weeks straight to help with the roll-out.

At the meeting, we showed the managers a promotional video made by our ad agency. It was meant to pump everyone up about the brand, etc., and it really did. Pair that with a compelling speech made by our CEO, and the experience was great. I had to watch that video over and over, and I never got sick of it.

Fast forward to a couple years ago, when U-M started a campaign which, no matter how many times I have seen this commercial played on TV, I still love it and am mesmerized by it.

And then fast forward to last weekend when we were in Milwaukee for a Marquette basketball game (more about that in another post) and saw this promotional video. Sandy told us about it before we went into the game, and when it came on, I loved it. (Thanks for the You Tube link, Sandy). It's probably good if you have been to Marquette or even better if you went there, but I still think it's a pretty cool video.

I am amazed by the creativity of some people, especially when it comes to advertising or promotional pieces. Competition is cut-throat, and the videos or images that stick are few and far-between. But I think I'm just a sucker for these videos, especially when they hit home.

2 comments:

Dig said...

I'll sing along with that MU one too! But what am I supposed to be praying for again, please? LOL

shelly said...

I knew what U of M commercial it was before I even clicked on the link. It's fantastic!