Sunday, September 9, 2007

TJ: Where Did Our Love Go?

Dear Trader Joe,

What happened to our love? For years now, our relationship has been sublime. It has been a relationship of give and take. But lately, I feel like all I do is give, and all you do is take.

It used to be great - you had everything I needed, and more. You knew just when the relationship was getting boring, and offered new things to spice it up. (Your chile-lime chicken burgers in particular...) I would come to you, giving all that I had (in my wallet) and you would reciprocate the favor by giving me just what I liked. It was a match made in heaven.

But now? I still come to you, and give you all I have (in my wallet), and you don't keep up your end of the bargain. Those things that wooed me in the beginning, aren't there any more. Or, you're just not consistent on when some things are there for me. I know this is part of who you are, your "M.O." But how can our trust be built over time when I can't trust that I'm going to get what I need?

It may come down to this, Joe. I may have to give you a taste of your own medicine and not give 100%. I won't be coming around as much as I did before. I may even have to end this relationship and go out with someone else. That Whole Foods guy isn't looking so bad lately, if you catch my drift.

Sincerely,
The Best Thing That's Ever Happened to You

3 comments:

ckweirath said...

Say it ain't so! Don't go to Whole Paycheck. Give Joe another chance. He's a good guy. How can you break up with a guy that gives you cheap cheese, flowers and, most importantly, wine?

Dig said...

Oh Kel. You know how I feel about grocery stores...

LOL!!!

Kelly said...

Karen, I'm just sad that your wedding wasn't at a grocery store as we dreamed about...

You're right Chris - and you can add chocolate to that list. How could I go wrong?