Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm Still Here

Just a bit busy with the school year starting yesterday. I went into school at 7:30 am and left at 6:30 pm! Today was the same except I left at 5:30. I'll definitely write more details later, but for now, let me say, that it's great.

The kids are cute, inquisitive, kind, honest ("Raise your hand if you were talking in the hall," Linda asked. At least 6 kids raised their hands), challenging, and smart all rolled up into one. Like I predicted, we are all going to learn together.

Linda has been great too, showing me the ropes of everything from how to schedule a day with appropriate breaks and active and sedentary activities, to how to use the dye-cut maker.

This week I've just been a student, observing and pitching in a little bit during instruction. Soon it will be time for the teacher in me to come out and play. She's waiting. A little apprehensive, but ready.

1 comment:

Dig said...

Here, I'll help you practice:

"Miss Kelly, can I go to the bathroom? Like NOW?"

You rock.XOXO