Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Had Been Warned

And yet it has happened. But this soon? During the summer weather we've been having?

I'm getting sick.

It started Thursday during the night - the nagging scratchy throat. While sitting through a workshop led by my university supervisor yesterday, I was in a state of denial. But I felt a little feverish and a little achy. I can't be sick, I thought. It's only the first week of school. I've been washing my hands like crazy at every opportunity I get.

Last night the sore throat got worse and now this morning I've been sneezing like crazy. I hate being sick. Actually, who doesn't?

I'm not surprised, though. Since starting teaching on Tuesday, I've had a completely different schedule - sleeping less, drinking less water, and working out less. My body was probably in a bit of a shock. And I've been warned time and time again. Teachers get sick. A lot.

I just hope that the cold will be at its worse tomorrow while I have the day to nurse it and be on the mend come Monday. I've already learned that I need all my energy to teach. The kids are there everyday expecting the same level of energy. It doesn't stop.

For now I think I'll just take a nap.

2 comments:

Dig said...

NO! Schools = Germ hotels.

Hang in there.

shelly said...

At least it's not the stomach flu. I hope you feel better soon!