Sunday, September 23, 2007

Catching Up

Forgive the lack of posts, but I have been pretty busy with school this week. Things there are still going well, but I am getting more and more added to my plate. Friday night I came home and was exhausted! I was in bed and asleep by 9:15!

This week is going to be filled with all kinds of activities. Tomorrow my university supervisor comes to observe me for the first time. I'm not really nervous about that, since the lesson is pretty straightforward and I like the subject (writing). I just hope the kids behave themselves! Tuesday night is curriculum night, so it will be interesting to meet all the kids' parents. And then Wednesday Linda will be gone all day, so a sub will be in the classroom (I'll be able to sub for her starting the beginning of October). But Linda said that the sub will be a "warm body" and I'll just teach the whole day. The whole day? By myself? The. Whole. Day. By. Myself. Gulp.

This weekend Chris and Mike came in for the Michigan/Penn State game. Julie, Chris and the boys also came down, so it was nice to hang out with everyone. We went to Matt and Anne's to tailgate, and there was quite a smorgasbord of food there. We brought marinated shrimp, and then there were quesadillas, meatballs, pork sandwiches, caramel corn puffs, and chips and dip. Yum! Julie and Chris went home before the game. The game was good (U-M won)- but a little too nerve wracking for Stein's taste. I agree - it was very tense! And it was like a carnival around us. Penn State fans getting reprimanded for being obnoxious and U-M fans falling down the stairs from intoxication (two different people). These kinds of things never happen in our section.

Chris, Mike, Stein and I went to Conor O'Neil's later after the game and had dinner. Then we went to the Arena to meet our friend Shane. He was in from California (He went to U-M business school, and now works for Kraft. He was in for a recruiting weekend). It was good to see him and to be at the Arena. This used to be our stomping grounds, but we haven't been there in about a year. It's also been a while since we've seen Chris and Mike and it was good just to hang out and catch up.

We got to catch up more this morning when we went to Cafe Zola for breakfast and then went to the Cider Mill so they could get some goodies to bring home. We will see them again next weekend when we go into Chicago for the Michigan/Northwestern game on Saturday.

3 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amy7252 said...

Wow, you got to go to bed at 9:15 pm? And stay asleep? All night?

You're living the dream, Kelly.

ckweirath said...

Thanks for a great weekend, Kel. Had a slice of pie last night. YUM! Still swear there could be caramel in there. I could have eaten the whole thing.