Monday, January 12, 2009

Tortilla Strips

(Sorry for the bad picture)

I made Paula Deen's Taco Soup yesterday. I think it's more like a chili than a soup, but I digress... It's a really easy recipe, which I think I have blogged about before. You basically brown ground beef (or ground turkey in my case) with onions, and then put that in the crock pot with a bunch of canned items. It's really easy to put together, makes a lot for many days of leftovers, and is really tasty. I love recipes like that.

In the recipe, Paula suggests you use corn chips to accompany the soup. We don't usually have corn chips on hand, but I remembered that we had some corn tortillas leftover from the enchiladas Stein made a while back. So, I used them to make my own corn chips, or in my case, tortilla strips. So easy, and such a nice addition to the soup.

Just cut up some corn tortillas in strips and fry them in oil. I used some canola oil, and kind of flash fried them so they weren't too greasy. Once done, I sprinkled them with salt, and they were good to go. Or eat.

No comments: