Friday, January 16, 2009

Four-Day Weekend

Sandy, you were right. The same arctic system that kept your kids home from school yesterday traveled across the lake and is keeping me snuggled under a blanket on my couch today.

I can't tell you if I have ever hoped for colder temperatures. Or faster wind speeds. Until this week. I told you how I was stalking weather websites this week trying to find one that would tell me what I needed. I needed the windchill to be 20-25 degrees below zero. What sick person would wish for that?

That sick person is me.

Last night I had a bit of insomnia for no reason. I typically sleep like a baby every night, and peel myself out of my down cocoon every morning. But last night, about 2:00 in the morning, I found myself watching really bad late night TV. And the Weather Channel. Finally, at about 4:00 am, I began to feel sleepy. One last glimpse at the Weather Channel locked in all hopes for a cold day. The windchill registered at 29 below zero.

The phone call at 5:20 was a godsend. All I said when I answered the phone was, "Yay". After making my phone call to the next person on the list, I crawled back into my cocoon. This butterfly was not ready to get out yet.

So again, the world is my oyster today. I have a lot of things that I can get done around the house, along with a lot of reading, napping, and sipping hot cocoa. Another luxury for which I am truly grateful.

No comments: