Tuesday, November 11, 2008

That Boy, Stein

He never ceases to amaze me.

The 4th and 5th graders at school are going to camp this week. A lot of the kids' families can't afford to pay for their kids to go. It's not a lot of money, but so many of these families live from paycheck to paycheck. Sending kids to camp just isn't in the budget.

Linda asked Stein if his business would be willing to give a donation. He agreed and asked me how much the kids had to pay to go. I told him the cost, and a few days later he handed me the envelope with the check. I forgot about it until I went to school that day. When I remembered, I looked into the envelope and saw the amount. He donated enough money to send 5 kids to camp! I gave the money to Matt and he was so excited. He must have told his class because 2 kids came up to me and said, "Please tell Mr. Steinhauer that we said thank you. That was really nice."

I am so glad that he was able to do this. I think that this experience is going to be so fantastic for these kids. For some of them, this will be the first time that they will be outside of Ann Arbor. The first time in nature. The first time sleeping in cabins.

And that generosity, readers, is reason #892 why I married that man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure..make me cry at work. Just wait until the MU game when he talks tough, I'll just say "I know about reason #892.

Dig said...

You found a keeper, Kelly. Hug him for me, will ya?