Thursday, November 20, 2008

She Feeds My Addiction

Mickey sent these to me today. Not only was it exciting to get mail (I love mail), but it was exciting to get these. I told Mickey about these pens, the newest addition to the Sharpie family, while we were in North Carolina. She remembered and bought them for me. She knows that I've been stalking them ever since I saw the commercial for them. You see, it's an addiction. Most of you know I have an addiction. No, we're not talking about my chocolate addiction. And we're not talking about my children's book addiction either.

I am addicted to office supplies.

I'm not alone. Both Mickey and Rick (and I think Bryan and Andy) have this addiction. It probably started when we were growing up. My Dad would bring home used office supplies for us to play with. Using the piano as a desk, we had things like an intercom (so high-tech!), carbon copy paper, and a Rolodex. Throw in a few cool pens, and we were set. We would pretend to answer calls from customers, write messages to the boss, and make those messages in triplicate with the carbon paper. Hours were spent doing this.

As I got older, I always needed the "just right" supplies. The pens needed to write smoothly. The pencils needed to stand up to my tight grip, and the markers needed to color brightly and last long. You never knew someone could be that demanding of inanimate objects, huh?! Well, I was and I am.

Just like you need to have the right pen or pencil, you also need to have the right post-it notes. They come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. They all have special purposes. Wait, I'm sounding like a freak now. (I didn't want to take a picture of my post-it drawer, because that would probably send me right to the freak category in your mind.)

So before I start talking crazier, I will end this. Thank you, Mickey. You know me too well.

3 comments:

Dig said...

Add me to your list. There is nothing like the smell of an office supply store. Well, maybe a grocery store that's got fresh bread, but I digress...

ckweirath said...

You would have a field day in my office right now. We are moving in a few weeks and everyone is purging items from their desk. There are discarded office supplies everywhere! I'll see if I can pick up some stuff for you....if nobody is looking. I don't want them to think I'm a freak. :)

amy7252 said...

Yep, I'm also a sufferer from said addiction. Just walking into a Staples, Office Depot, or Office Max makes me all warm and happy inside!!