Thursday, October 2, 2008

Okay, I'm Done Now

So remember how I wanted a change of season? Well, I knew that wasn't going to last very long. I'm done now. Can I please have summer back?

I had my comfort foods, made a meal in the crock pot yesterday, had some hot chocolate last night, wore sweaters every day this week, and sat on the couch with a blanket on. The trees look great, the cool weather has been great for sleeping, and the smell of burning leaves was nice. But again, I'm done. Now summer please?

The kids have been a little squirelly too. Teachers sometimes talk about how kids react to the change in barometer, change in temperature, or change of the moon phases. Sometimes I think it's true. Like today. Gloomy, grey day, just waiting to rain. And the kids? Non-stop talking, couldn't sit still, and very irritable with each other. Throw into the mix picture day and you have a recipe for disaster. Luckily I didn't have the lippy 4th graders. I think that would've sent me over the edge.

No comments: