Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Very Cool

Stein and I went to the Obama rally yesterday evening at EMU. Oh yeah, and Brice Springsteen was there. I heard on the news Monday morning that he was going to play at the rally. I thought about trying to get tickets, but assumed that they were all taken. Then when I got to school, Linda told me that she was going. When I asked her how she got tickets, she asked if I wanted the 2 extra she had. Of course!
We're so lucky we got to go. It was raining in the morning, so I thought maybe it would continue into the evening. But the sun popped out in the afternoon, and it turned out to be a really nice day.
He ended up playing about 7 or 8 songs. He was by himself, with his guitar and harmonica. It was awesome. And he played Thunder Road, which is one of my favorite songs.

I'm not going to get into the politics of it. I don't want to get into it here. But I do have to say that the whole thing was very uplifting and hopeful. A great place to be with some great music to boot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is soooooo cool!

Dig said...

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

amy7252 said...

Wow, that's so cool! I especially love the last picture where he's pointing right at you. Is he saying, "Hey lady, you're cool!" or "Paparazzi! SECURITY!! Get her!"?