Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Surprise and Other Family Gatherings

Stein surprised me this morning with an early birthday present. I'm going to join my Mom, Mickey, and my niece Breanne in North Carolina this coming weekend to visit my sister Andy and her family. I was thinking about going, but the prices of airfares prevented me from booking a flight. I figured I would have to wait until the spring or summer to see my Mom and wait until summer to see my sister Andy. But now I'm going, and I'm really excited.

We are also having my family (the Chicago and NW Indiana family) for Thanksgiving this year. Everyone is making the trek over to see us. Because we are the out-of-towners, we have never hosted a holiday. We thought we would ask if people were interested, and it turns out everyone is! I'm glad that I'm off the day before Thanksgiving. I plan on getting a lot of the food cooked that day so all we will have to do is reheat things on the day.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: