Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Psychology of Buying Jeans

I went to the store the other day to buy a new pair of jeans. I'm normally a Levi's gal, and have been buying Levi's since college. The style I wear has changed, but regardless they always seem to fit me just right, and wear out in just the right way. The last 2 pairs I actually bought at Sam's Club, and I love them. I bought the first pair, and then a few months later, I went in, picked up the same size, and I was on my way. It was the closest thing to buying clothes for a man. I am always jealous of Stein when he can go into a store, pick up a pair of size whatever pants or shirt and know that they will fit when he gets home. I was so happy when this happened with my Levi's.

The other day I went into another store that sells Levi's and tried to do the same. No dice. I knew that I would have to go up a size, due to my previous pairs being stretched over the years and the gluttonous year that I've had. But I didn't think that I would have to go up 2 sizes! Especially since they are supposed to be the same jeans. So not only was I subjected to seeing myself in the awful fluorescent lighting that they have in dressing rooms, but I also had to come to grips with the idea of wearing 2 sizes bigger than my current jeans.

After trying on various styles of Levi's in various lengths and styles, I ended up buying another brand. I think I'm happy with them. Maybe I should take this as a sign to get a grip on this gluttonous year.

Maybe after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Dig said...

I always like to remember that I'll be skinny when I'm dead. And I ain't dead yet so pass the cookies!

XOXO