Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We Have Spirit, Yes We Do

Thanks to all of you who made comments about school and class spirit. I'm going to use a lot of your ideas this week and next week.

This poster was a brainchild I had somewhere around 2 am yesterday morning. I wanted to make some sort of poster to hang on the door to let the rest of the school that we had class spirit, and remind the kids in my class where they were going (ha ha). The picture doesn't do it justice, but the letters are colored with a silver marker, and the lightning bolts are cut out of sparkly paper.

I put it all together at 6 am yesterday morning, so I could hang it before the kids came to school. (I did take a picture with them near it, but I figured I would keep their identities private here and leave it to the school website to show their faces). On the other door of our room, I made a similar sign that read, "You are now entering the Steinhauer Power Zone". I know, kind of cheesy, but sometimes the kids are all about cheese, you know?

Can you believe we only have 5 more days of school? Wow, did this time go fast. And yes, I've been having fun. No, I've been having a blast.

1 comment:

ckweirath said...

Are you going to have them start chanting "We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how about you?" :)

In all seriousness, I love the poster. So cool.