Thursday, August 28, 2008

Go Grease Lightning

Do remember the pirate-themed party that Stein and I went to last summer? Well, this year's theme for that party is Grease. I thought about it for a while, and wanted so badly to think of something clever to get around the theme, like we did last year. (I mean, how many people will be dressed in jeans and white t-shirts on?) But alas, no luck.

I briefly thought about having Stein dress up like Frankie Avalon and I would wear a bouffant hairdo as in, "Beauty School Dropout". (Chris, great minds think alike!) And then, when I asked Chris for more ideas, I knew she wouldn't disappoint. She came up with some more obscure ideas that may be more fitting for Stein and me.

So my challenge for you is this: what can Stein and I wear for the theme party that will be different from everybody else? Oh, and it needs to be something we could pull from our closets, or from a quick trip to the thrift store. And please don't suggest the stretch pants that Olivia Newton John wears in the "You're the One That I Want" scene. There ain't no way you will ever see this body in pants like those. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

Colin Roust said...

Surely you could find a cheap way to make a costume based on a Crisco tin (or some other comparable product for greasing your pans when baking).

ckweirath said...

Ooh...I like that one...thinking outside the box.

ellenstew said...

Go for Frenchie in the pink wig! I always had a soft spot for her as the highschool misfit - being one myself. Can't wait for the pictures.