Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh, My Bags Are Packed

Well, unpacked, as is the case today. I feel like I've been living out of a bag for the past few weeks. I just realized this as I was unpacking my bag for the umpteenth time this summer. (By the way, I do have to say that having the afternoons free to get stuff done has been a luxury I'm loving lately). Anyway, I have realized that there has been a lot of travel going on so far this summer, and much more about to take place in the future.

We had our trip up north and then to Chicago, my weekend at Mickey's, my trip to Patty's lake party this past weekend, and this coming weekend we'll be heading to Milwaukee for my reunion at Marquette. After that, we have a wedding in Holland, MI, and 2 weeks later I'm heading into Chicago for the air and water show, and then returning with Chris so we can both fly to Baltimore to see Karen while she's stateside.

Whew! As I just typed all this out, I got a little exhausted. I haven't felt this way since I traveled for work, and that was more frequent. But it's all good and a lot of fun. All of these trips mean time spent with family and friends, eating good food, laughing, catching up and reminiscing.


Just like the good time I had at Patty's lake party this past weekend. (You remember Patty from the fabulous day I had on her boat in Chicago? By the way, it's her birthday today - Happy Birthday Patty!) Despite the crummy weather at the lake, we had a great time. A lot of my Chicago peeps (yes, I said peeps) were there, and it was great to catch up with everyone. We sat around under the porch eating and drinking and talking. And in between the rain, we went on pontoon boat rides where we continued the eating, drinking, and talking.


One of my favorite unplanned moments was Sunday morning when Chris and I were up before anyone else. We sat at the end of the dock on the bench and talked. We caught up on stuff, pondered important topics like the concept of fishing, and laughed about some of the conversations we had the night before. Guilt made us go back into the house when we saw people outside cleaning up the garbage from the party. We could've stayed out there all day, we both never seem to run out of things to talk about. We'll have more time this coming weekend when we go to Marquette for our reunion.

My bags will be packed, and I'll be ready to go.

1 comment:

ckweirath said...

That was one of my favorite moments, too. That and our dance party on the boat, which included Steve.