Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beer Can Chicken

I think I may have posted this recipe before, but it's worth posting and talking about it again. It's sounds like a pretty silly concept when you read it, but it is really yummy. The beer makes the chicken really moist, and it has that just-right grilled taste on the outside. Stein said that the trick to getting the taste just right is putting the rub everywhere, including under the skin of the chicken (sorry if this grosses some people out).

I used what little leftovers we had the next day to make chicken salad. I make it with mayo, a bit of sour cream, walnuts, chives, celery, and red onion. (Adding grapes or dried cranberries is good too, but I didn't have those on hand.)

So if you're a big fan of chicken on the grill, give this recipe a try. It's super-easy, and tastes super-yummy. Enjoy!

No comments: