Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well, it's out there

Just as Sally said to Harry, "It's out there", my blog is officially out there as of last night when I sent the "announcement" email. It's a little nerve wracking, knowing that this group of people (or the world) are going to be reading your blog. Am I being funny enough? Am I being "bloggy" enough (whatever that means)? Are people going to keep coming back for more? These and other questions that you have when you're putting something out there. My tech teacher also warned us about putting stuff on the internet, how it stays there forever. I'll try to keep that in mind when posting pictures of my latest escapades. Right.

In other news, I am currently working in the reading clinic at school as part of one of my classes. It's going really well. I'm working with a girl who is going into 4th grade next year. It's exciting to me because I will be student teaching in 4th grade. She is eager to learn and read, we just have to work on her fluency of reading. The motivation is definitely there, and that's usually more than half the battle. I'll try to keep you posted on how it goes. Yesterday she was very concerned about the treats that I am going to bring the next time, asking for specific ones like Skittles and Doritos and telling me not to bring back the peanut butter ones I gave her that day. Ah, yes, the honesty of a nine year old...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy to be able to connect with you this way. I have been thining of you, as always, but ESPECIALLY, when I hit TJs and think of past treks for miles and miles to the burbs of Detroit. Much love and hugs to Dave!
Soph

Dig said...

Hey, I'm just glad I can check up on your while you are sleeping! ;)

Karen