Monday, July 30, 2007

Is it 'blog-worthy'?

This weekend while in Chicago, I got to talking about my blog with a lot of people. Namely Shark and Jane (you're in the blog again Shark!) who were asking me how I decided what I wanted to write about in my blog. They suddenly had the idea that I only wrote about things that were extra funny, extraordinary, or compelling. Well, I'm sad to report that most of what you're going to read on the blog isn't going to fit in any one category. In fact, to some readers it may be down right boring. Oh well, sometimes life just seems that way.

It was humorous though, to listen to people trying to be the funniest or wisest to be 'blog-worthy'. At one point I was witness to an impromptu dance-off between people that wanted to 'win' their way onto the blog. I really wish I had a video camera - this event was blog-worthy in itself, if anything, for entertainment purposes. (By the way, said people have already been mentioned in the blog. Twice. Don't let it go to your heads.)

In other news, that may or may not be considered blog-worthy, Stein and I had a delicious dinner last night. First we had a steak in the fridge that we wanted to grill. Also, our basil has been going crazy this year (I REALLY need to make pesto soon) and our tomatoes are starting to ripen. So we cooked the following recipes that really don't go together, but tasted good all the same.

-Grilled Korean-Style Steaks with Spicy Cilantro Sauce (the sauce is what makes it):
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_16359,00.html?rsrc=search

-Tomato, Basil and White Bean Salad:
(I can't find a link, but you basically take a 1/2 lb. of tomatoes chopped, a 1/2 cup of shredded basil, 2 cans of cannellini beans, and then saute 3 cloves of garlic in a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Mix it all together with some salt and pepper, let it stand for 30 min. and you have a perfect summer side!)

Let me know if you have anything blog-worthy to submit, including yummy recipes...

2 comments:

Dig said...

All I know is thanks to you, I'm blogging too. Goodness me!! LOL

And IMHO, a blog is whatever the heck you want it to be! Who cares, I'm just glad I get to know what you are up to!!

amy7252 said...

Tell Shark that if he comes to Oberlin and does a dance, I'll videotape it and put it on MY blog! Then, he would be on multiple blogs, which I think is way cooler. It could even be his thing -- trying to get mentioned on as many blogs as possible!