Monday, May 11, 2009

Asparagus Recipe

You're going to make me eat my words, aren't you? Just when I told you in the last post that I liked my asparagus pretty plain, I found this recipe. Stein and I wanted something a little different than plain asparagus to go with the marinated beef skewers ( I wrote about them here) we grilled.


Don't get me wrong, I normally like my asparagus cooked just right with a litle olive oil and minimal seasoning, but this was so good. The combination of the salty bacon with the creamy goat cheese was outstanding. I could've ate that part on its own, with a spoon.

2 comments:

Kris Mulkey said...

Anything with bacon is a home run in my book! Not a fan of goat cheese though - to goaty. What cheese would you substitute? :-)

Kelly said...

Well, it would have to be a creamy, lighter cheese. What other creamy cheeses do you like?