Monday, May 4, 2009

Working Around One Ingredient Part 2

So remember the avocados that weren't quite ripe last week? Yeah, you guessed it, I had to find a recipe to use them (and I also had some cilantro left). With the weather being warmer lately, I thought a salad would make a nice dinner. I found this recipe for a crab salad with avocado, which was pretty good. I may take the advice of some of the reviewers and make it with less lime, and possibly substitute celery or green onion for the red onion. I'm not a big onion fan anyway, but it seemed like a little too much.

Then I had some crab leftover (we buy ours at Trader Joe's and it comes in a 1 lb. tin). I remembered this quiche recipe I made a few weeks back, and it was really good. Besides, we not only had the crab, but also had the cilantro and parsley on hand. I love when that happens! The only thing I did differently was I cheated and used a pre-made pie shell, and also added mushrooms and garlic to the filling. Yum.

Tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo Stein is going to make his enchiladas. We'll have his parents over to partake in the feast and maybe a margarita or two. Happy Cinco de Mayo to you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May the 4th be with you! :)

Get it?

Kris Mulkey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris Mulkey said...

Try again - without typos this time.

It all sounds yummy. I wish you lived closer so I could taste the enchilladas tomorrow. Mmmmmm.