Sunday, June 15, 2008

Succulent Summer

Yesterday I had a perfect summer day. In the afternoon I went to see Sex and the City with my 3 friends from school. It was such a fun movie, especially if you're familiar with the show. I felt like I lost some friends when the show ended, so the movie was like a mini-reunion for me. Seeing movies in the summer is something I love. The air conditioning is always ridiculously cold, so I end up bringing a sweatshirt to wear. Where else can you wear a sweatshirt on an 80 degree day in the summer? Thank you, movie theater.

That evening we went to Matt and Anne's cottage for a father's day dinner. Summer was happening at every turn. Kids in bathing suits running in and out of the water, catching fish in nets, swinging in the hammock. Burgers cooked on the grill, drinks were in coolers, and chairs all faced the lake. There's something about water that calms. Just sitting there watching the water and boats going by that just soothes. The epitome of relaxing in summer.

After that, we headed over to Linda's house for a party. She invited all the teachers and staff from school to her house for a party. She has a perfect house for a big party complete with slip and slide, bonfires, and a backyard big enough to have loads of kids running around with sparklers or glow in the dark bracelets or necklaces. We caught up with everyone, sat by the bonfire and made s'mores, and then headed home. A great summer night to complete the day.

Here's to you, summer. I'm glad you're here. I'm looking forward to more days like this.

No comments: