Monday, June 16, 2008

Heading North

This afternoon I'm going to meet Stein at his office and we're heading up north to Petoskey. I'm beyond excited for this trip. One, it means that we will be getting away from it all and relaxing. And two, Mike and Mickey and my Mom and Rich will meet us there tomorrow. My Mom and Rich went up there with us last year, so they're familiar with the place. But Mike and Mickey have never been there, so it will be fun to show them around.

We're lucky enough to have Stein's brother's place to stay. It's within walking distance to downtown Petoskey and within a short drive to other towns too.

The thing I love about being up north is that there's never an agenda, never a definite plan. Just options for things to do, or places to eat. Decisions are made after lingering over breakfasts, drinks and appetizers, or after a nap. Walks are taken, talking flows, and the sites are breathless. You can't go wrong with water, harbors, and winding roads.

I may be out of the blogging world for a bit while we're there. In the meantime, enjoy all my favorite season has to offer... it goes by way too fast.

No comments: