Friday, June 27, 2008

200?

When I log into blogger to submit a post, it tells me how many I have done so far. This post is officially number 200! Wow, that seems like a lot of posts. I thought I would tell you so you can share in this milestone with me.

I didn't know how this whole blog thing was going to work. I didn't know if I would keep up with it at all. It was all so new to me, and sometimes I felt like I was baring it all. It took me a while to get into the groove of it. I usually write with an audience in mind, so at first it was a bit intimidating knowing a wide variety of people including my Mom (hi Mom!), friends, family, teachers, and co-workers were reading it.

I have to say, it's been great. I have found that especially with student teaching and my long-term sub gig, it's been really therapeutic. At times when I felt I was going nowhere with anything at school, I know I could feel productive writing a post for this blog. And it also did what I hoped it would do - helped people stay in touch with me without me having to write a ton of emails.

So thank you. Thanks to Amy (of Roustabouts fame) for turning me on to blogging. Thanks to all the regular readers for reading this blog. Thanks for your comments (made on the blog or verbally). It's been a fun experience for me that I hope to continue for another 200 posts and beyond.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Dig said...

Here's to your blog and to you, Kelly!

amy7252 said...

My pleasure -- I'm glad you got turned on to the blogging world because we love reading yours!