Saturday, May 31, 2008

After the Storm

We got our thunderstorms last night. And I loved every minute of it. The kind of thunder that booms in the distance initially, then moves closer as the clouds get closer. Stein and I counted after the lightning to tell where the storm was. There was much discrepancy about the distance. He always said it was much closer. Details. When the storm reached our house, the rain came down in droves. And the thunder cracked and boomed even louder.

I love thunderstorms. They force you inside, usually under a blanket, and make you slow down. I am suddenly not interested in TV, and want to pick up a book. It just sets the mood for hunkering down, slowing down, and relaxing. And they only happen in spring in summer. Have I told you how I love spring and summer?

Today the sky is full of sunshine and clouds and blue. The plants look happier having soaked up all that rain. I am looking forward to digging in the dirt and planting some more plants.

No comments: