Tuesday, May 6, 2008

27 More Days

But who's counting?! I said to my friend Mandi at school today that we have 27 more days. She said, "We can do anything for 27 days." She's right, we can. But for some reason, I can't put the days ahead of me into perspective. I keep thinking that it's going to be a LONG time until June 13th. A long time of waking up early and staying up late, all the while thinking about school, and kids, and lessons.

I keep trying to think about how many days I've been in this position. It's been a lot longer than 27 days, that's for sure. I can do a fraction of that time, I know. I think my bad attitude has to do with squirelly kids who are excited about spring, graduating, and new loves (yes, the bathroom lovers are still so googly-eyed, it's ridiculous). The other thing is that we have a lot of fun things planned for this summer. Besides me teaching summer school, we are planning on going up north with my Mom and Rich, and we also have my reunion at Marquette (has it really been 15 years?)

I am tired, and the kids in my class are tired (of me, I'm sure!). I look forward to each week when we have something special planned. Next week it's a guest author, then there's a few field trips too. I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

ckweirath said...

You can do it! Won't mean a thing in 100 years, right? Just keep focusing on the little baby steps.

By the way, I told Ryan & Sandy about the bathroom lovers. Ryan volunteered to have a talk with them. :)

Kelly said...

Oh, I would love that! Interrogating fugitives, 5th graders, it's all the same...