Monday, October 29, 2007

Can't Wait to Read

Stein and I were just discussing our Thanksgiving plans. While we don't have definite plans yet, we are probably staying here. Last year we were in Chicago for Thanksgiving, so it makes sense that we would be here this year.

As we were talking about it, I said that it would be great to be home because I will have 5 days off in a row. School is closed Wed. - Fri. that week. I will also be done with my solo teaching the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. (After that I phase out of teaching and observe other teachers in the building.)

What I am most looking forward to during that time is reading. For pleasure. I have spent the past two years reading textbooks, with the occasional break that has let me read the 5th Harry Potter book. (Yes, I still have to read the 6th and 7th.) Actually, my mind really hasn't had the attention span for more than a magazine lately. I feel like there's always something to prepare, something to research, lessons to write. I am giddy with the thought of having the free time and nothing else to do with it but read.

Books have been stacking up, that's for sure. I have all kinds of children's novels that I want to read (including Harry Potter). And then there are books that friends have recommended. Books like the Kite Runner (and the one following that), a new one by Anita Shreve, another one by Alice Lebold, and more by John Grisham. I still haven't read Angels and Demons, even though it is somewhat of the prequel to The DaVinci Code, which I already read.

I am dreaming of reading. What a luxury it will be. I can't wait.

2 comments:

amy7252 said...

Make sure you have plenty of time to read that last Harry Potter book ... you'll have a LOT of trouble putting it down!

Dig said...

Kite Runner is sooooo good. If you want a good read for some insight into the French, "60 Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong" is really excellent! Good reading to prepare yourself for your trip to France in 2008. ;)