Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Re-Doing Resolutions

I could probably just link you to this post since it holds the same sentiments that I'm feeling today. (I was at the gym today and I had to explain to one of the newcomers how to use a machine. You can just tell these people by the expression on their faces. Deer in headlights, wandering around, and only staying on a machine for 10 minutes.)

But first I have to write a bit. I feel like I'm getting rusty. I look at the post counter on the right side of this blog and see how over the past few years the amount of posts has dwindled. I don't have any one excuse for this. There were those long-term sub jobs that I had, and some life-stuff that has happened over the course of the past year, but really nothing that has kept me away from writing. Except of course, laziness.

Which leads me to my next topic. It's that thing called exercise.

I was getting back at it, really I was, right before the holidays. I would pack my bag, throw it in the car in the morning, and go directly to the gym after school. I even started running on the treadmill again. And then, the endorphins must have messed with my thinking in the process. Because sometime in mid-December, at a party, I told Stein that we would run a 10K in June. (Maybe it wasn't the endorphins, maybe it was the wine). So there's that.

The holidays happened, and the exercise was thrown out the window. Along with eating right. Unless of course, you mean "right" by me putting the right amount of junk in my mouth at regular intervals during the day.

So with millions of other New Year's resolution people out there, I'm getting back to exercise. I think then the eating will come into place. Think being the operative word. At least I know how to use the machines.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Would you like to join our group - Michigan Lady Food Bloggers? It's open to any women in Michigan that write a blog that features food. We occasionally get together for potlucks and other food related escapades. Upon joining, please introduce yourself and your blog.

If you'd like to join us, visit:

http://groups.google.com/group/MLFB

and also check out our group blog:

http://myfoodtribe.blogspot.com/