Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

This weekend we didn't have any major plans, so we were at home most of the time. I loved it. I actually got my closet and dresser drawers cleaned out and organized. Five bulging bags are waiting to go to Goodwill. It felt so productive. We also got to play some games on the Wii. It's getting a little competitive around here!

Friday night we went out for a quick bite to eat, and Saturday I felt like making something at home. I had seen this recipe on the blog, White on Rice Couple (link to their blog is under the "blogs that I read" to the right). The minute I saw it, I wanted to try it. We love Sriracha sauce and chicken wings, so why wouldn't we love the combination?
The prep wasn't too bad. And since the wings are baked in the oven, you don't have to futz with deep frying. I told Stein that we had to remember that these weren't going to taste like Buffalo wings. "So what if I don't like these?" he asked. "I better like them." Oh, the threats!
I tossed the wings in the sauce (Note: I only used 1/2 of the sauce I made and the wings had a good amount of kick) and took a bite. Oh, mama. These wings are good. Stein took one and bit into it and said. "Oh yeah, I like these wings." They have a good amount of heat, but it's not unbearable. I think we'll use the rest of the sauce I made for some pork chops we have in the freezer. Oh, there weren't any leftovers. They're that good.
But that wasn't the whole meal. We also needed some blue cheese sauce for the wings. We made this one from the Barefoot Contessa that turned out perfect. (We actually used about 1/3 of the recipe, and it was plenty for the amount of wings called for in the wing recipe).
We needed something starchy too. We made these potatoes which we've made on the grill. So easy and so yummy. Since we didn't want to brave the cold to light up the grill, we just used our indoor grill. There was no difference.
This was the perfect meal for keeping warm inside when the weather was too cold on the outside. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks for posting this. I bought a bag of chicken wings thinking they were chicken breasts and I wasn't sure what to do with them. Now I know what we are having for during tomorrow!