Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Resident Weatherman

In addition to counting down days until the weekend or next break, teachers like to dream about snow days. Oh, and it's a big fantasy, let me tell you. It's better than snow days as a kid, I think. Because now I have a house to wander, unlimited food to eat, and no one to argue about what shows I will watch. All. Day. Long.

Lucky for the teachers at my school, one of our colleagues is a weatherman. He hasn't been formally trained and I don't know where he gets his information, but he's always spot on (so I guess you could say he's the anti-weatherman). He regularly sends out emails about upcoming storm systems and the likelihood of a snow day. In fact, we had a storm come through last night and while most of us fantasized about a snow day today, we never got it. The resident weatherman said in his email that it wasn't a huge storm and there would be a less than 10% chance that we get a snow day. Yesterday I heard more than a few people say, "He's ALWAYS right. He just knows."

In the same 10% chance email, he talked about another storm system coming through Thursday night and Friday morning that had a great chance of turning into a snow day. He wrote a second email today about the same storm system, adding that he was going to send a note home to tell his parents he was changing the class party to Thursday. He's that sure. It's supposed to be a nasty storm that brings freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Just the right mix for a day spent at home and kick off the holiday break.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this MK that is spot on? I want in on these emails! The oracle has spoken.

shelly said...

I guess he was spot on. Enjoy your snow day!